Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some photos from South Africa


A river we had to cross on the third day on trail. On Puzzle, I had to bring my feet out of the stirrups and rest them up on the pommel to not get wet!


One of the three 3 month old cubs we got to play with at the Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve. This picture is huuuge if you click on it!



The view I woke up to outside my room two mornings of the trail. I could have lived at Wavecrest!




A photo of three of the boys used on trail; left to right - Suave, Puzzle and Dougal. Puzzle was my mount for the five days on trail - he is rising five, was one of the shortest on trail but boy could he move! Loved riding him.

"As the wind swept over the saddle, it turned to a mixture of bright colors and painted the world." - Ronan Warriors

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Snoskred said...

Beautiful photos, and you actually got to play with lion cubs? Wow!

Snoskred - has a new home at -
http://www.snoskred.org/

19.7.07  
Blogger Christine said...

Indeed!

And cheetahs... but they were... snobs, honestly! Also, they'd just had a bath so they were a little unimpressed... eheheh... I loved it!

19.7.07  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Chris,
I am glad you like my website and blog, thank you :)
Your pictures are stunning!!

All the best,
Wiola

20.7.07  
Blogger Rising Rainbow said...

I can't believe you got to play with lion cubs, how cool!

Guess I never thought about trail riding horses in Africa, but why not, I'd ride anywhere just as long as it was a horse.

23.7.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home