Saturday, November 04, 2006

Comfort Zone? Bah!

I'm a restless kind of person - unless I'm working constantly and learning new things, I get really anxious about the use I'm making of my time. The breeding season is coming to an end and yearlings are next on the list for the Thoroughbred Industry.

Of breeding, yearlings and weanlings, the mares and foals are definitely my favourite and with the most variety, I believe. I love this time of season as it covers so much on the care of the horse - medications, feeding, foaling down, getting mares in foal, bandaging, breeding.

But, upon the arrival of the other six months of the year, I find myself with heaps of extra time, a pretty set routine and not a lot looking like it'll help me with my goal to become a horseriding instructor and teaching other kids about horses.

So - I'm going for a change of scenery - yes, again! Currently, I'm looking to move back home for awhile and have started the search to work in a horseriding school, gain experience in relation to riding and teaching and hopefully get practical tasks from my instructors course marked off. Now that that's the plan, I'm getting impatient again! Also got the added fun of finding agistment for my gorgeous festively plump gelding.

Anyone that knows of agistment around the Cheltenham area or of any riding schools that are looking for an extra hand, I'd love to hear from you!

"All I need to know in life, I learnt from my horse: Ignore cues, they're just another prompt to do more work."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home