Saturday, September 09, 2006

Great to be Back!

Man it’s good to be back at work! Have been back two weeks now and boy did they fly by! Have gotten right back into the swing of things with foaling down mares, holding mares for covers and general feeding, stable duties and vet work.

Boss hired a new person while I was overseas who has been running the farm, handling weanlings and prepping yearlings and I’m now working alongside her for the breeding season. Total blessing – before I went overseas I started my Certificate III in Recreational Coaching and had been doing all the theory, but had no one to mark off my practical. Well, turns out my new co worker is qualified to mark off all my practical work, so I can gain another qualification while working and playing with my horse outside of work! Brilliant!

I’ve also been chatting with her about wanting to learn about artificial insemination and it was suggested to me to do a breeding season with trotters and then look into the short course offered at Glenormiston - http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/campuses/glenormiston/ courses/short.aspx. I believe it’s a six week course and suddenly sounds very appealing! Just gotta work out where to fit it all in! Am currently saving up for South Africa now that I’m back from Ireland and earning a decent wage again.

"All I need to know in life, I learnt from my horse: When in doubt, run far, far away."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home