Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Machu Picchu, Peru

So my time at the Irish National Stud seems to have turned into a bit of an eye opener in many ways...

One is definitely finding out more about other's cultures and countries and the other day I had a bit of a history lesson. I have a list of what will eventually be (got 53) 100 things I want to do before I die - see the aurora borealis, ride over the snowy mountains, take part in a Group 1 race, etc... and was talking with a friend about it who consequently mentioned her desire to visit Machu Picchu in Peru - http://www.machupicchuperu.info/.

The next day on tea break I was flicking through a horse magazine from last year and stumbled across an article on 'a charity horse ride in Peru, aimed at helping two remote, rural communities in the Andean mountains' which involves a train trip to Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas! Go figure.

The site referenced is http://www.perolchico.com/ but doesn't appear to say much about the charity ride although there are some awesome looking tours over this area! Further investigation appears to be required... haven't yet worked out how much it's gonna cost me either, but this'll have to go on the list of things to do!

"The horse thinks one thing and he who saddles him another" - Benjamin Franklin'

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home