Saturday, May 06, 2006

Jackaroo Course, NSW, Oz

So I love looking for any sort of course/holiday/work that I can do with horses that is different to what I already know... and gives me a chance to check out another place! Stumbled across this one the other day... not that I remember what I was looking for:

http://www.leconfield.com/

Tis a Jackaroo/Jillaroo 'school' set over five days that covers grooming, riding, natural horsemanship (Pat Parelli style), horseshoeing, whip cracking, lassooing, mustering sheep, barrel racing, sheep health, shearing, pasture improvement, fencing/yard building, mustering cattle, yarding and drafting cattle, using working dogs and more.

The school is run at Leconfield on a 5000 acre property in New South Wales and those that run the course offer the possibility of helping you find work afterwards if this is your desire.

So, once I'm back home from Ireland and have had enough of the racehorses for awhile, I think I'll check this out... just hope I'm up to it! Has anyone done anything like this before?

"Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home